Wednesday, September 17, 2014

PMC Delivers 16-port SAS Controllers for Hyperscale Servers

PMC-Sierra announced commercial shipment of the first 16-port 12Gb/s SAS and 16-port 6Gb/s SATA I/O controllers designed for data center servers used in hyperscale deployments, such as Open Compute, Windows Cloud Servers, OpenStack and Project Scorpio.


The data center I/O product line supports the PCI Express 3.0 specification and includes the following devices:

16-port 12Gb/s SAS I/O controller: PM8076
8-port 12Gb/s SAS I/O controller: PM8074
16-port 6Gb/s SATA I/O controller: PM8006

“The diversity of customized solutions that hyperscale data centers are deploying and the demanding density, power and cost requirements present significant challenges to our OEM and ODM customers,” said Pete Hazen, vice president of the Data Center & Server Group at PMC. “PMC’s I/O controllers are designed to address these challenges. It’s the only solution that enables a three-in-one design, and our higher port count and lower power give our customers the advantage they need in this competitive market segment.”

http://www.pmcs.com/storage