Monday, November 20, 2023

Kelly Bayer Rosmarin steps down as CEO of Optus

Optus Chief Executive Officer Ms Kelly Bayer Rosmarin has tendered her resignation.  

The announcement comes in the wake of an Australia-wide blackout across the Optus mobile and landline networks for most of Wednesday, November 8.

“On Friday I had the opportunity to appear before the Senate to expand on the cause of the network outage and how Optus recovered and responded. I was also able to communicate Optus’ commitment to restore trust and continue to serve customers. Having now had time for some personal reflection, I have come to the decision that my resignation is in the best interest of Optus moving forward,” she said.

“It’s been an honour and privilege to lead the team at Optus and to serve our customers. I am proud of the team’s many achievements, and grateful for the support of the Optus team, Moon, and the Group. I wish everyone and the company every success in the future.”