Sunday, May 14, 2023

AWS offers Aurora database without I/O charges

Amazon Web Services announced a new configuration for Amazon Aurora that offers improved price performance and predictable pricing for customers with input/output (I/O)-intensive applications. 

The new Aurora configuration allows customers to pay only for their database instances and storage consumption with no charges for I/O operations. 

This allows customers to confidently predict costs for their most I/O-intensive workloads, regardless of I/O variability, helping to accelerate their decision to migrate more of their database workloads to AWS. 

Aurora is a fully managed MySQL- and PostgreSQL-compatible relational database.  AWS said Aurora is in use by hundreds of thousands of customers, including Airbnb, Atlassian, and Samsung, for I/O-intensive applications like payment processing systems, ecommerce, and financial applications.

The new Aurora configuration is now generally available.

https://aws.amazon.com/blogs/aws/new-amazon-aurora-i-o-optimized-cluster-configuration-with-up-to-40-cost-savings-for-i-o-intensive-applications/